Munchkin turned one on the fifth, and I keep starting a post about it and never finishing! I gues having a one year old really keeps you on your toes 🙂
This past year has been amazing. Munchkin has truly brought so much joy to our lives and continues to amaze us everyday.
just thought this one was funny 🙂
We didn’t do a party for him since there was a big shindig at the church for all the one year olds (there are five!) the other day. I think he had enough cake to last him quite a while!
At one, Munchkin:
- is walking more and more each day on his own
- is a little jabber box! his favorite words: kitty (still!), mama, dada, papa, bah-bye, yum and lots of indecipherable babbling. I’m pretty sure he was trying to say “honk honk” yesterday when we went to the park and saw the geese:-)
- waves, claps, dances, points, and can show “one” when we ask how old he is
- is sooo good at being gentle with the kitties, and loves to cuddle with Millicent. He loves to use her big soft belly as a pillow.
- Loves to be outside, and gets pretty grumpy when it is cold or rainy and we don’t go out much! He brings me his shoes and points to them when he wants me to put them on him.
- Loves to eat EVERYTHING. Seriously, he is SUCH a good eater. I can’t think of a single food that he has refused more than one time when he was hungry. He pretty much just eats what ever we are having at meals, even if it is spicy like curry or chili. His recent obsession however, is string cheese. He has just about as much fun playing with it as eating it!
- Loves animals, especially kitties and chickens. Our gift to him for his birthday is a trip to the zoo in Tulsa, but we are waiting until it warms up a bit to take him.
- Still loves to “read” his books all by himself. He is very gentle with books, even paper ones, and will sit and look through them for quite a long time.
- There is so much more that I am sure I’m not thinking of, and he is learning new things everyday!
In other news, My sister’s newest little one, Wyatt, was born on the 6th. She is coming to visit with the kids in March, and I can’t wait to meet the little guy!
I better keep this short and sweet, or it will never get posted!