Wow! It has sure been a busy week! I guess I am still getting into the swing of the school year.
First things first: I know I’m a little late on this, but Kelly organized an 8:00 moment of prayer for Gina’s family this past Monday. Of course Monday was the night that we didn’t even get home from our Dave Ramsey class until 10 pm! I was so bummed that I missed it! I did make it a point to take a few minutes and pray for her when I found out though, even though I was late (better late than never, right?), and am believing that good news is headed her way soon! I just wanted to encourage any other bums like me out there to continue keeping Gina’s family in your thoughts and prayers until she is able to bring those precious boys home!
I’m a little late on this as well, (noticing a trend, anyone?) but I wanted to thank Heather and Melissa for nominating me for the smile award last week! Thank you both for all of your sweet comments! They really made me feel special 🙂
Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude.
2. Must love one another.
3. Must make mistakes.
4. Must learn from others.
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world.
6. Must love life.
7. Must love kids.
Rules for The Smile Award:
1. The recipient must link back the the award’s creator
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must chose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself.
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.
The creator of the award is Mere
In keeping with the tradition, I would like to recognize five of my favorite bloggers who never fail to put a smile on my face! Of course, since I am so late, several of them have already been nominated by someone else, but I’m going to choose them anyways!
: How could anyone not
smile when they see her wonderful photographs of her sweet little girls?!? Angie’s blog was one of the first blogs I started reading (feels like forever ago!) when we both started our adoptions from Vietnam around the same time. I have always been amazed at her ability to remain positive despite everything that has happened! Her family is now waiting for a referral for a little one from Ethiopia, and I am hoping their day comes quickly!
2. Sarah: I can’t link to her blog because it is private, but I will say that even though we have never met IRL, Sarah is definitely one of the sweetest people I have ever known. She is always encouraging and thoughtful, and lately, her blog has been filled with some VERY happy stuff! Definitely smile-worthy!
: Kelly’s blog makes me laugh at times, cry at times (in a good way!), and of course, smile pretty much all of the time! Especially those adorable pictures of Ben! And then there is our shared passion for garage sales… 🙂
: I just started reading (or should I say stalking?) Jessica’s blog a couple of weeks ago. She is about to be a first-time mama, oh, ANY DAY NOW! I can’t wait to see her new little one!
: Teri is one of the few bloggers I know IRL, and a fellow elementary art teacher. She doesn’t have much time to update her blog very often (I know what that’s like!) but when she does have time to put up a few pictures of Lauren and Kate, it is definitely worth it! Oh, and despite her busy schedule, she was sweet enough to fill out the Picturing America grant application for ALL of us Elementary Art teachers in Rogers to recieve some really awesome prints! Thanks!